Mal'ko Aleksandr Vasil'evich, Doctor of juridical sciences, professor, honored scientist of the Russian Federation, director, Saratov branch of the Institute of State and Law of the Russian Academy of Sciences (135 Chernyshevskogo street, Saratov, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terekhov Evgeniy Mikhaylovich, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of state and legal disciplines, Balakovo branch of the Saratov State Law Academy (8/1 Krasnaya Zvezda street, Balakovo, Saratov region, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. Legal interpretative activities daily ensure the efficiency of law enforcement, and its acts of interpretation of law sometimes draw attention even to legislators. However, legal interpretative activities, unfortunately, are not without problems that undermine its authority and practical significance. In such situations, it is appropriate to talk about the need to optimize Legal interpretative activities, which will maintain its quality at a high level. The purpose of the work is to analyze the need for optimization of legal interpretative activities and propose a system of criteria that indicate this.
Materials and methods. The implementation of research tasks was achieved through the use of legal acts of judicial authorities, which set the vectors for the implementation of legal interpretative activities and, at the same time, allow us to identify difficulties that reduce the quality of law interpretation. In carrying out the work were used the following methods of scientific knowledge: formal-legal analysis, modeling. The use of the formal legal method allowed us to form the concept of legal interpretative activities. The use of the analysis method allowed us to identify the need to optimize legal interpretative activities. The use of the modeling method allowed us to propose a system of criteria indicating the need for optimization in specific areas of law-interpret activities.
Results. The author studies the concepts of legal interpretative activities based on which the author’s vision is proposed; analyzes the legal acts of the judicial authorities of the Russian Federation, which indicate the presence of contradictions in legal interpretative activities; suggests the author’s system of criteria that justify the need to optimize law-interpret activities.
Conclusions. The study of judicial legal acts of higher and lower courts testifies to the periodically arising problems in legal interpretative activities that require not episodic, but systematic solutions. For this purpose, it is necessary to develop and implement specific criteria, the appearance of which will indicate the need to optimize legal interpretative activities. This will ensure the effective, and most importantly stable, functioning of the legal system of society, since timely overcoming of problems should be preceded by their timely identification.
1. Apellyatsionnoe opredelenie sudebnoy kollegii po grazhdanskim delam Ul'yanovskogo oblastnogo suda ot 13.01.2015 № 33-25/2015 [Appeal decision of the civil action panel of the Ulyanovsk Regional Court of 13.01.2015 № 33-25/2015]. Available at: http://www.http://uloblsud.ru/index.php?id=192&idCard=49719&Itemid=63&option=com_c ontent&task=view (accessed Sept. 12, 2019). [In Russian]
2. Apellyatsionnoe opredelenie sudebnoy kollegii po grazhdanskim delam Kirovskogo oblastnogo suda ot 14.07.2016 № 3168/2016 [Appeal decision of the civil action panel of the Kirov Regional Court of 14.07.2016 № 3168/2016]. Available at: http://www.rospra vosudie.com/court-kirovskij-oblastnoj-sud-kirovskaya-oblast-s/act-532958042/ (accessed Sept. 12, 2019). [In Russian]
3. Vas'kovskiy E. V. Rukovodstvo k tolkovaniyu i primeneniyu zakonov [Guide to the interpretation and application of laws]. Moscow: Izdanie Brat'ev Bashmakovykh, 1913, 158 p. [In Russian]
4. Pigolkin A. S. Tolkovanie normativnykh aktov v SSSR [Interpretation of normative acts in the USSR]. Moscow: Gosudarstvennoe izd-vo yuridicheskoy literatury, 1962, 166 p. [In Russian]
5. Voplenko N. N. Ofitsial'noe tolkovanie norm prava [Official interpretation of the rule of law]. Moscow: Yuridicheskaya literatura, 1976, 118 p. [In Russian]
6. Garner Bryan A. Black’s Law Dictionary. 9th ed. St. Paul, 2009, 1920 p.
7. Scalia A., Garner B. Reading Law: The interpretation of legal texts. Thomson west, 2012, 567 p.
8. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2000, 11 Jul. [In Russian]
9. Cherdantsev A. F. Tolkovanie sovetskogo prava [Interpretation of Soviet law]. Moscow: Yuridicheskaya literatura, 1979, 168 p. [In Russian]
10. Garnik L. Yu. Vestnik Nizhegorodskoy akademii MVD Rossii [Bulletin of Nizhny Novgorod Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia]. 2015, no. 1 (29), pp. 231–236. [In Russian]
11. Pronina E. N., Lantsova E. O. Vestnik Nizhegorodskoy pravovoy akademii [Bulletin of Nizhny Novgorod Academy of law]. 2016, no. 10 (10), pp. 53–56. [In Russian]
12. Pishina S. G. Pravointerpretatsionnye oshibki. Problemy teorii i praktiki: dis. kand. yurid. nauk [Right-interpretation errors. Problems of theory and practice: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of juridical sciences]. Nizhniy Novgorod, 2000, 176 p. [In Russian]
13. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 1996, no. 5, art. 410. [In Russian]
14. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2002, 6 May. [In Russian]
15. Barshev V. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2017, 29 May. [In Russian]
16. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 1996, no. 25, art. 2954. [In Russian]
17. Kulikov V. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2017, 28 Aug. [In Russian]
18. Terekhov M. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2017, 21 Aug. [In Russian]
19. Ul'yanovskiy sud vstal na storonu surrogatnoy materi [Ulyanovsk court took surrogate mother side]. Available at: http://www.asfera.info/news/society/2011/04/20/ulyanov skiy_sud_vstal_na_storonu_surrogatnoy_materi_50920.html (accessed Sept. 12, 2019). [In Russian]
20. Ob otkaze v prinyatii k rassmotreniyu zhaloby grazhdan Ch. P. i Ch. Yu. na narushenie ikh konstitutsionnykh prav polozheniyami punkta 4 stat'i 51 SK RF i punkta 5 stat'i 16 FZ «Ob aktakh grazhdanskogo sostoyaniya»: opredelenie Konstitutsionnogo Suda RF ot 15 maya 2002 g. № 880-O [On the refusal to accept for consideration a complaint Ch. P. and Ch. Yu. of citizens about violation of their constitutional rights by the provisions of paragraph 4 article 51 of the Family Code of the Russian Federation and paragraph 5 article 16 of Federal Law “On acts of civil status”: decision of the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation of May 15, 2002 № 880-O]. Available at: http:// www.legalacts.ru/doc/opredelenie-konstitutsionnogo-suda-rf-ot-15052002-n-111-o-ob/ (accessed Sept. 12, 2019). [In Russian]
21. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2017, 24 May. [In Russian]
22. O formirovanii edinoy pravoprimenitel'noy praktiki: pis'mo Ministerstva finansov RF ot 7 noyabrya 2013 g. № 03-01-13/01/47571 [On the formation of a unified law enforcement practice: letter from the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation of November 7, 2013 № 03-01-13/01/47571]. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_ doc_LAW_155600/5aa7d35ca4a1311ed30605d5186876597b35c6e5/ (accessed Sept. 12, 2019). [In Russian]
23. Postanovlenie Verkhovnogo Suda RF ot 11.03.2016 № 39-AD16-1 [The Russian Supreme Court’s ruling of 11.03.2016 № 39-AD16-1]. Available at: http:// www.vsrf. ru/stor_pdf.php?id=1425030 (accessed Sept. 12, 2019). [In Russian]
24. Barshev V. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2017, 4 Sept. [In Russian]